In case you missed Wetware Wednesday last week, or you don’t follow any local entrepreneurs on Twitter or Facebook, you’ll probably want to know about this amazing event coming up on August 2-3.
“Accelerating Hawaii’s Startup Innovation” will feature a variety of speakers and workshops designed to explore methods for accelerating the local economy through startup innovation. The conference is being held at the Sheraton Waikiki.
Keynote speaker Steve Case will be joining local entrepreneurs, executives, and business accelerator experts from across the country (TechStars, 500 Startups, Start Garden, and more!) to discuss ways to accelerate Hawaii’s startup ecosystem. This event will help to fuel the momentum behind Hawaii’s startups and explore ways to accelerate development of the sector, as well as highlight entrepreneurial businesses across the State. The conference will feature a variety of speakers and workshops designed to explore methods for accelerating the local economy through startup innovation.
Day one, August 2nd, 9am to 5pm – Great discussions, awesome startups, amazing support orgs:
- Keynote speaker Steve Case, chairman of Startup America, co-founder of AOL and CEO of Revolution LLC. Mr. Case will speak about his entrepreneurial and venture capital investing experience and share his thoughts on both successes and challenges he’s encountered along his journey.
- Mr. Case will also participate in a panel session with local executives, startup CEOs, and community leaders to discuss Hawaii’s shared responsibility in supporting its startup companies and entrepreneurs.
- An extended lunch expo where attendees can network with local startup CEOs, support organizations, investors, business executives, and government leaders, as well as mainland accelerator managers, venture capital investors, and Startup America representatives
- Program will also include short pitches from Hawaii’s newest “startups to watch,” and short presentations from local business support organizations.
Day two, August 3rd, 9am to 5pm – A full-day, focused startup accelerator workshop:
- Seasoned accelerator leaders from throughout the country, including California, Colorado, Michigan, Tennessee, and Virginia, among others.
- Designed for local teams that are planning to launch accelerators, businesses interested in learning more and contributing, potential mentors, and local entrepreneurs and startup teams considering applying for entry into one of Hawaii’s upcoming accelerators.