What a kickoff to Startup Weekend Honolulu! The turnout was great and the pitches were too. The opening ceremony and talks were enthusiastic, with the likes of Bubs relaying the fact taht it’s “Launch or Die at Startup Weekend”. If you questioned the Startup scene in Hawaii, last night validated the energy and excitement in the islands.
All of the sixty-second pitches were great, most were pitched with lots of humor. Highlights included:
- Plout – like klout, but for politician voting records.
- Tie-combinator – color and pattern matching for clothing, but aimed at men who couldn’t match a blue oxford with khakis.
- LinkedOut – social network for professionals who would rather network outdoors instead of inside.
- One offered to connect your nutrition apps with your fitness apps, giving you a holistic view of your health.
- There were plenty more great ones, so Sunday’s pitches should be very interesting!