Presentations begin in a few hours and the eight remaining Honolulu Startup Weekend teams are hard at work! All of them with hopes of wining the competition but more importantly leaving the weekend with a well establish, fleshed out business idea.
After 27 fantastic pitches attendees came together around 8 ideas, which range across a broad spectrum–from a site that encourages civic engagement to another focusing on “sex sells”.
Here are the top eight ideas:
1. Heart My City – online/mobile system to help make cities better places and enhance civic engagement.
2. Project Rhymasaur – online organic rhyming dictionary software.
3. Sinful Edibles – local company providing erotic edible party favors and dessert arrangements for special occasions.
4. Kudos – crowd-sourced platform that highlights the best things to eat and drink and find deals for them
5. GreatHealthOptions.com – website that helps facilitate health care choices.4. Kudos – crowd-sourced platform that highlights the best things to eat and drink and find deals for them.
6. Ohana Mala – gives socially-concious consumers a simple and fast way to find fresh local produce.
7. Cardio Panda – an online community for local activity enthusiasts and a platform for health and wellness entrepreneurs.
8. Organic Capital, Inc. – feeding the people and following your passion through local, ethical, vertical farming.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://www.alohastartups.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/amy.png[/author_image] [author_info]Amy Schwab is a media specialist in Honolulu, HI focusing on marketing, social media and video productions. www.tectonicpro.com 808.266.0117[/author_info] [/author]